Friday, February 18, 2011

FRAUD AT POLLS!

If Sarah Palin really does run for president, she's already setting up an explanation for her all-but-inevitable loss, either in the primaries or in the general election. From a CNN story about her appearance last night before a business group on Long Island:

On the media:
Asked her about a recent Gallup Poll indicating more than 50 percent of those surveyed have a negative opinion of her, Palin responded, "In a lot of those polls I get my butt kicked."

"The poll you're referring to was taken after the Tucson tragedy. I don't think I ever went through more negative press than after Tucson," she said.

"How else does the public know you except through the press? When the press reports things that have really misrepresented my record as a council member, mayor... and what you stand for and who your family is," Palin continued, pointing to her reliance on Twitter and Facebook for public communications.

"I can't rely on a liberal-leaning press to do that for you. That's why social media will be so important."


She's saying she has to counteract the evil media (according to other accounts of the confab, she's saying she has to do that through face-to-face contact with the public as well as her own online transmissions) -- but the real message here is "Inevitably, I am sabotaged by people who will do anything to destroy me." That's going to be her message after a failed campaign -- she won't have lost, she'll have been destroyed.

Nothing is ever her fault.

Shades of Citizen Kane:

No comments: