Friday, January 16, 2009

THANK GOD GOD NEARLY KILLED ME, THEN SAVED MY LIFE

As most people now know, the passengers on Flight 1549 had perhaps the best possible pilot under the circumstances -- Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger, a seasoned pilot and air safety expert. But that fact wouldn't lead me to the conclusion that Robert Stacy McCain draws:

"Miracle" and "omen" are good words to describe the survival of everyone aboard Flight 1549, but I like Michelle Malkin's choice: "Providential." What other word can describe the life-saving fact that a plane struck by such a near-certain disaster just happened to be piloted by a recognized air-safety expert?

Really? That's McCain and Malkin's idea of Divine Providence? Nearly being killed, and avoiding a horrible death only because God provided both a gruesome near-death experience and a rescuer?

I've flown many times. Every plane I've ever flown in started and ended its flight on a runway. I've never been on a plane that ditched into water on a bitterly cold January day.

I don't believe in God, but if I did, I'd believe that God loved me if He/She/It saw to it that all the planes I flew on didn't go into water at all. Wouldn't you?

No comments: