Tuesday, May 15, 2007

FALWELL MUSIC

I've posted this before, but today seems the obvious day to post it again: go here and click on the MP3 icon to here to listen to Robin and Crystal Bernard singing "The Monkey Song" and "The Ecumenical Movement" on Jerry Falwell's radio show in 1972. Falwell calls "The Monkey Song" an "answer to the ridiculous theory of evolution":

I'm not kin to the monkey, no no no
The monkey's no kin to me, yeah yeah yeah
I don't know much about his ancestors
but mine didn't swing from a tree....


"The Ecumenical Movement" answers the question "Can we all get along?" with a resounding "No":

We hear a lot of talk about
The ecumenical movement
They say that we should get together
And all be one big family
Catholic, Protestant and Jew
Buddhist, Moslem and Hindu
I guess they want the devil too
In the ecumenical movement....


Oh yeah, Jerry, we'll really miss you.

No comments: