Wednesday, November 15, 2006

THE UNDEAD

One thing about Republicans: they never believe they're not wanted.

I just got off the phone with former congressman and talk show host Bob Dornan, who is considering ... a run for President.

..."I've got one mission left in me, to come up to New Hampshire and tell the truth, and tell the Republicans you better find yourself a fresh face and not Rudy Giuliani who took his mistress around with him and then divorces Donnna who learns she was divorced sitting at home watching TV with her children.

"We need a fresh face if the Republican Party is going to appeal to an Orthodox Jewish, Evangelical or
practicing Catholic."

Aside from adultery, Dornan's other issue is homosexuality, which he called "a cancer in my party." ...


Yeah, I'm sure he does -- you recall what he said in '92, when he was still in Congress: "Every lesbian spearchucker in this country is hoping I get defeated." He also called Russian journalist Vladimir Posner a "disloyal, betraying little Jew" -- on the House floor. More fun quotes here; charming nuggets on Dornan's anger management problems and other character flaws here -- yup, he's another Republican who's pro-wife-beating, which I guess isn't a mortal sin like divorce.

No comments: