Friday, January 27, 2006

What a jerk Scott McClellan is:

Q Can I also ask you, on Senator Kerry's comments, what is your reaction to the filibuster call by Senator Kerry, on Judge Alito?

MR. McCLELLAN: On his call yesterday? It was a pretty historic day. This was the first time ever that a Senator has called for a filibuster from the slopes of Davos, Switzerland. I think even for a Senator, it takes some pretty serious yodeling to call for a filibuster from a five-star ski resort in the Swiss Alps. (Laughter.)

Q But you know he's not there skiing.

MR. McCLELLAN: Les, I didn't ask you to yodel. I can hear you. (Laughter.)


Gee, what was Karl Rove saying to Hugh Hewitt on the radio this week? Oh, yeah:

I mean, this president treats the opposition with dignity and respect.

Of course he does. He leaves the nasty stuff to the help.

****

And by the way, I notice that Davos wasn't such a big joke to these smart-asses when Dick Cheney made a speech there two years ago.

No comments: