Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Remember Glenn Close in the bathtub at the end of Fatal Attraction? Here's the GOP version:

Republican leaders, pressed by conservatives furious over the demise of Miguel Estrada's judicial nomination after a six-month Democratic filibuster, will resurrect the nomination of Mississippi federal Judge Charles W. Pickering Sr. tomorrow.

"They're outraged over it everywhere I go," said Sen. Orrin G. Hatch, Utah Republican and chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.


--Washington Times

I don't know what they expect to accomplish with this. No, wait -- of course I do: more campaign contributions from angry wingnuts, just when it's becoming obvious that the '04 election isn't going to be a cakewalk for the GOP.

I've given you these links before and I'm giving 'em to you again:

"The Racist Skeletons in Charles Pickering's Closet"

People for the American Way on Pickering.

Joe Conason on Pickering.

Bob Herbert on Pickering.

No surrender.

No comments: