Tuesday, July 29, 2003

This may cheer you up: Check out the big photo on this page. Way to go! (Thanks to BuzzFlash for the link.)

*******

And here's some more compare-and-contrast:

I don't read AndrewSullivan.com as much as I used to -- life's too short. And I rarely go to the blog's letters page. This means I missed a good one that's no longer posted. But SullyWatch still has it:

Imagine JFK lied about missiles in Cuba to get public opinion behind an invasion (untrue of course, but let’s run with this though experiment). Let’s say he also lied about the many extra-marital affairs he had. Which is worse? I think the answer is pretty obvious, and I think it’s also clear what analogy I am drawing. If Bush wanted to invade Iraq, he should have made his case without resorting to lies and deception. Without resorting to reckless interference in intelligence gathering. Whatever happened to bringing integrity to the White House?

Nice.

No comments: